Dr. Aneesh Garg, D.O.
As an athlete and Sports Medicine physician, Dr. Aneesh Garg, D.O. understands the value of being involved in sports in any capacity can enhance lives. “Having an organization that can support future experiences and emotions for athletes who are no longer able to compete is vital to keeping the athlete’s internal drive alive. Playing is not the only way to be involved and make a difference in positive ways. That is why I believe in what Sidelined Chicago is doing and wanted to align myself with them." - Dr. Garg
Dr. Aneesh Garg serves as a private practicing Sports Medicine and Non-Surgical Orthopaedic physician at Chicago Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. While he sees athletes of all ages, he has a particular interest in high school, college, amateur, and professional athletics. As the medical director for the COSM's Center for Sports Concussion Management, Dr. Garg and his team evaluate and manage sports concussions in depth. He is one of the only Credentialed ImPACT Consultants (CIC) in Chicago. Recreational and student-athletes, Chicago Lions Rugby Football Club players, MMA fighters, and boxers from all over Chicago have seen him for their sports concussions.
Dr. Garg is a multi-sport United States National Team Physician with his work with USA Soccer and USA Hockey as a United States Soccer Federation Team Physician and a USA Hockey National Development Team Physician. Additionally, he serves as Team Physician for several local Chicago high schools and colleges.
Other Notable Leadership Positions Include:
- Medical Consultant for the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) and currently works with former NBA players
- Head Sports Medicine and Non-Surgical Orthopaedic Physician for the 2017 Frozen Four, NCAA Division I college hockey's national championship tournament
- Teaching faculty at Presence St. Joseph's and Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospitals
- Medical Director for Team Rehabilitation Physical Therapy
- Medical Director for Broadway in Chicago shows (STOMP and Aladdin)
- Consultant for Visceral Dance Chicago